Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Studio Painting!

Hey guys!

So, I've been busy, with work and all, trying to focus on life, and now that I'm fully situated in the STL, guess what.....

I HAVE MY STUDIO FINISHED! Its a little room next to the entrance to my bedroom, and I've transformed it into a small art nook. It also took two plastic paint-shield tarps, and poster tape to do it, but its up and running! If you don't believe me look at my palate table:


Messy. Just how I like it! :D

Now, I've started my first painting, and I hated it. I think it was because I felt so rusty from not painting for so long, and because it wasn't what I originally saw in my head. I cleaned off my palate, re-thought my sketches, held my breath started it over, and now it looks like this:


I know it kind of looks weird because its just a random floating face in the middle of a blue sky, but believe me, its going to probably be one of my better pieces.

Anyway, I'm also still doing caricature commissions. I managed to do this little piece for an engaged couple who is going to reproduce it on a cookie for their wedding. I thought it was a neat idea:

 

If you want me to draw you, a loved one, or even you and a loved one, or someone who just really deserves a caricature, all you have to do is contact me via ryanportraits.com, and I can give you my prices!

Thanks! :D

No comments: