Friday, September 9, 2011

Paintings of the Past Months

Hey guys, Just wanted to show you some pictures of some of my recent paintings!

I know, scream with delight. You know you want to!

I finally got some good pictures of three of my works, and I wanted to show you them. Soon, I'll get more of them, but now that I'm settled into my new apartment, its time to create! So, you'll see more and more pictures come in very soon of started projects.

But for now, enjoy these!


This was an experiment. I've always wanted to work on wood surfaces, so I chose this piece of particle board that I found in the garage of my parent's house, measured and sawed it until it was perfectly rectangular, then painted a study of the male figure. After this successful experiment of me creating this painting, you will see my work on wood surfaces more often...


This was also an experiment. I wanted to take the spirits of how I draw and sketch and transfer it into an actual painting. I used a few of my figure drawing sketches and pictures of stormy nights to figure out just how I could push the limits.

This was a painting I did to not only experiment with using different values of one color, and also experimenting with different consistencies with paint, thinning it with water and using it to just do what it naturally does over the canvas. I loved how it felt, and I will definitely use this technique again in my paintings.

Now, there are more paintings, but I will wait until later to post them. Until then, see ya!

No comments: