Monday, July 25, 2011

Much Needed Update!

Hey, I know that I have been a bit occupied with life for the two years I've neglected this blog! In the recent change of events, I'm moving to St. Louis in a week, I have updated my website to a different domain name (www.ryanportraits.com) and I have started taking commissions for portraits, caricature gigs, and studio caricatures. In other words, I've become a very busy man.

But, if you're looking to commission me, I'm not too busy!

So, I'm going to show you how busy I've become with new artwork. I also have a complete sketchbook that I have finished and, if you follow me on facebook, you have seen it already. But if you haven't, fear not, for I will be posting them off and on in the next few weeks because of being busy with the move. But, I promise you, this blog will be updated regularly. I want everyone to know what I'm doing and when I am doing it at all times.

And there will be no more yearly pauses between posts. Enjoy!

A portrait I painted for Sarah and Tiara.


A self portrait I painted for a class (I even added crocheting and buttons. I honestly think it wouldn't have been entirely me without them!).


A portrait I painted inspired by Caterina Cavalari, an opera singer of the Victorian era.


A doodle that became an actual wallpaper for my computer.

So, as you can see, from my previous post, my artwork is much more refined than before. I really did need an update. 'Till next time!

No comments: