Monday, May 24, 2010

Finally its Summer!

Omg, so I am so glad this semester's over. I started the caricature season and I am loving it! I have no camera, so it won't be for a while until I can post some caricatures up here, and I still haven't got pictures of my artwork from this semester, but I will soon! But for now, I do have some sketches that I have done. There are only five, but considering the were all done in a matter of two weeks after the semester was over, I'm really sketching because I have a chance to!


An owl... it goes "Who?" I saw a poster of an owl in the hallway after a final and said, "Why not?"


I really just wanted to draw fish one evening. I love how they form a circle. There's tons of rhythm involved in that drawing... I'm thinking about painting it maybe...


Just a sketch page... Run boy or that mean, one armed, anorexic woman will take your teddy bear!


This was a combination of sketches over time. I first drew the Afro guy (while watching soul train haha) and wrote "Throwback" next to him. Then that night, I drew the pissed off cat. And after that, I drew the pegasus that morning, which by the way is NOT a unicorn. I refuse to draw a unicorn without money involved. Then that night I went on to draw the cute little creepy doll girl who looks like she's going to kill someone with cuteness. Then after that the ballerina that next morning, then the girl, then the random frog. It took three days.... scratch that, four days. I forgot about the day I decided to color it all yellow.I thought it was a nice contrast, plus I never really use that colored pencil for some odd reason...


And this would be my first taste of fan art, but just for fun. You see, a friend of mine, Marietta Delene, has made this wonderful story called "A World Once Was." This is my interpretation of one of her characters, Oriella. I had fun, and I thought it weird that I don't draw many blonds.

Whelp, see ya!

No comments: